4 EASY STEPS TO SUCCESSFUL NEWS MEDIA PROMOTIONS
1. Identify your lead – (this is the first sentence of your media release)
* you have won an award or achieved success for something you believe deserves public recognition OR your organization wants public support for a cause
* What’s the first thing you tell your friend or spouse about it?
* This is your lead.
2. Write your first paragraph
* Write your lead in three lines – maximum!
* Get straight to the point
* Remember this – the journalist has no interest in promoting you or your organization. They are interested only in the news value of your story.
3. Finish your media release in no more than six – 6 – sentences
* The rest of your media release should tell your story as succinctly as possible
* Ensure you identify who, what, when, where, why
* Do not use more than one page – or equivalent if emailing your media release.
* Date and headline your media release
* Use one sentence per paragraph, with a space between each paragraph
* Make sure you include your contact person’s name and contact number
* Make sure all names, places and contact details are named precisely and spelled correctly.
DO YOU WANT
MPOWER MEDIA can teach you how to get the news media attention you deserve!